Need to create a unified, professional look in all your videos?
Video Brand Guidelines: for sleek video production, complete uniformity, and greater brand awareness
Brand guidelines – a set of design language & rules that ensure you’re consistently sending out the right messages about your brand
Now that video has become such a big part of the marketing mix, video brand guidelines became the need of the hour. After all, it makes perfect sense to make sure that the style and content of your videos go hand in hand with the brand you’ve worked so hard to establish.
Without a set of rules, you’re running the risk of compromising your brand as well as confusing the customers.
Solid guidelines insures that video is another seamless part of your communications arsenal. And with the creative boundaries already established, and production costs lowered you can focus on creating engaging content without worrying about outside agencies misrepresenting the look and feel of your brand.
Create consistent look and feel for your branded video
Video is a powerful way to stand out from your competition and engage with your audience. For this reason, having a unique and consistent look is crucial.
Video branding elements
Here, we’ll go through the different components that make up your brand, and how we expand existing guidelines to accommodate video. We’ll look at things such as:
– The tone of the videos: For example, should they always be quite serious, or will you use humor?
– Language: What tone of voice best reflects your brand? How will you refer to people, products, and services consistently?
– Colors usage: These will probably be guided by your existing palette, but a new color can work well for a new initiative or service.
– Graphics: Cartoon-style animation or something more corporate appropriate?
– Logo utilization: When should it appear, and how prominent should it be?
– Music and sound: What sort of music best fits your brand?
Furthermore, we put together a series of ‘brand elements’ that can be used in all your corporate videos moving forward. Things like intros and outros, logo animation, the name or job-title straps to introduce a person on the screen, text captions that pop up to highlight key points in the narrative etc.
Video brand guidelines Additional resources
Want to create a consistent look and feel that builds awareness of your brand?